It is possible in Elite: Dangerous change your Heads Up Display colours.
With 1.1 these are dynamically lit, which makes them look even better. However, prior to 1.1, if the game was updated your custom colours were wiped when the GraphicsConfiguration.xml file was replaced. In 1.1 there is now an XML file where you can "bake in" your custom settings.
\Users\<yourname>\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics\GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml
Taking whatever HUD colours you make for yourself using the HUD colour editor, pop the settings into the file like so:-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<MatrixRed> 0.25, 0.15, 0.6 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 1, 0 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.4, 0.6, 0 </MatrixBlue>
Whenever you get updates now, your preferred HUD colour scheme will remain intact.
This is especially useful for me, because unless my HUD is green, the text is much harder to read.
News of 1.1 here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103141
A quick Summary
- Planet rendering improved - layers for depth (cloud, lights at night, land masses) the layers actually speed up rendering.
- Community goal missions - supply food and collect bounty to restore order to a system in anarchy.
- Decals for Pilots Federation ranks – these will be available as you attain ranks.
- As part of this change support for the Founders level decal - The Founders decal hasn't been released yet but will be the Pilots Federation logo.
- Kickstarter decal for the £5 reward tier or above is a ringed planet.
- The "Day 1" decal may in fact be the Skull "Mercenary Decal".
- Disappearing holograms on landing pads fixed.
- API Support for 3rd party applications.
- Stories and events supplied to FD will be included in Galnet.