Elite: Dangerous Blog

News and events from the Elite Dangerous galaxy

Making a Remlok Space Helmet - Part 2

Part 2 – rear top side-pieces and the cross member

The rear left and rear right side pieces were printed next. One of the STL models from Thingiverse was corrupt, so I just mirrored the good model and printed them both.

The cross member which is the bar that goes over the top of the helmet was my first real problem. It was considerably larger than my print area. To resolve this, I used Windows 3D Builder to cut the cross member in half and then printed it in two halves. Once printed, washed & cured, I used resin welding again to join the two halves. I could then assemble the pieces then for the first time.

Comments are closed